Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tegucigalpa- ultimate Bumper-Car Death Wish

90% of the roads in Honduras were occupied by ginormous cars or trucks which might induce you into thinking that Hondurans adore big family road trips. Sorry to reveal the truth that small cars do not serve you well on the 'Royal Holloway'. Vast holes and cracks were hammered to the roads. The ruggedness of the roads are doubtlessly faulty, yet the obsession of human desire for dictatorship over the roads was insane. Majority of people would not bother to look out for oncoming cars, not even when merging into big roads or advancing a cross roads. Motorcycles are compelled close to the sidewalk which leaves them the distance of a palm in between themselves and big cars. It is simply a seizing game. Pedestrians are down to participate as well. No pedestrians would wait, no drivers would stop. Jaywalking is illegal? It is an utmost survival skills. Surprisingly, nobody frets. Well, they might cuss once in a while, but they mostly drive/walk recklessly with tranquil minds. Was it just me that was terrified with human beings strolling on the roads in front of cars that were dashing 50 miles per hour?  

Seriously, no one cares. Honking is a warning of courtesy. If you don't get out of the way, it is apparently your loss!   






so far, I have not seen an intact car on the road. At my shrewd guess, it is rather abnormal to see a car without imperfection. These are Taxis 







I would like to try one day!

This is slightly better than normal



Squeezing through









Perhaps police needs to consult the insurance company?

 Overloaded public buses



I had no courage to cross the road with speeding cars that did not give a damn about lives. I was lucky to have a local friend to hold my hand and help me through this scariest street-crossing I have ever encountered, or I would have stood there until I urgently needed a bathroom.  



If you can survive on this traffic road, there's no where on earth you can't!





No comments:

Post a Comment